The form in Greek revival taste with turned columns and Palladian back, of refined form and cabinet making, attributed to William Hamilton by the related published Palladian back side boards and quality. The left hand door conceals a bank of drawers, the right hand fitted sliding trays.
With the wonderful provenance back to Mary Morton Allport, thence to Joan Allport of Aldridge Lodge & Anne Swan. Mary Morton Allport was a friend of artist John Glover & established the first miniature painting / watercolour school in Hobart in 1832. There are a related pair of cedar hallchairs in the Allport Museum with the same Palladian back & provenance.
Full cedar. Original finish, iron hardware and locks.
Hobart c. 1830.
Price inc GST SOLD
MAKE AN ENQUIRY